Ajax Netwerk
vrijdag 28 april 2017 - 19:52                      favorieten | nieuwsbrief | RSS RSS
Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

Ajax Forums » English Ajax Forum » Spurs In Amsterdam

HR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 1 pagina: 1

HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Droomaankoop: -
Reg.: 24 januari 2017

Hi guys,

(Apologies to any non-English speakers) I will be making the trip to Amsterdam in April to watch Ajax take on Feyenoord and as a Spurs fan I have been waiting to attend this fixture for years. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to see before, during and after the game? I'm expecting an amazing atmosphere but not one as good as at White Hart Lane of course ;)

Also, do you see many Spurs fans at games? I have seen a few Ajax fans at Spurs and I think it is good to see! I will probably attend wearing my Spurs scarf, any comments are appreciated :)

Thanks
HRHR
HR

Brammes
Regelmatige invaller

Vak: Geen Seizoen Club Card
Reg.: 30 juni 2014

Before the match you shouldn't expect much. The game starts at 12:30 and because there aren't any pubs nor a supportershome around the stadium, there aren't much places left to just relax and have a drink that even has alcohol :D . During the game you should expect an amazing atmosphere. Feyenoord are looking to make their title run last long so it's 99% that the game will be to either close the gap with Feyenoord, coast past them or give them some kind of knockout for the title. The game was already sold out in a few days.

The atmosphere however could be a little bit less signigicant because almost half of the ultras aren't allowed inside.

[Dit bericht is veranderd door Brammes (op 25 januari 2017 01:18:33).]
HR
HR

KickWilstra
Bankzitter

Droomaankoop: Hakim Ziyech
Reg.: 18 september 2010

Kick-off is at 14:30, not 12:30 this season!
HR
HR

UltimateKAOS
Jeugdspeler

Vak: 410
Droomaankoop: Wesley Sneijder
Reg.: 6 mei 2015

In wich section do you sit or stand?

I hope it will be an great experience for you!
HR
HR

San Lorenzo
Lid 2de elftal

Uit: Buenos Aires
Vak: -
Reg.: 29 augustus 2003

Hi mate,

Half of the Ajax ultras are not allowed inside at this game due to a ridiculous ban from Ajax so atmosphere will not be the same as in other years. Also there are no away fans from Feijenoord.

To give a positive comment also: despite of the above it will be a great game as Feijenoord is first in the league and Ajax is second with only 5 points behind. This game could define who will be the champions of Holland this year. You can go to Rembrandplein or Leidseplein before the game which are places where Ajax fans gather. You can also wear your Spurs outfit that's no problem.

Enjoy the experience and hopefully Ajax will win!
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Thanks for the replies! I'll take note :)

I am looking to go in block 401 which I believe is by the louder Ajax fans (I will have to overpay a little due to there being such a high demand), I didn't know there was such a ban on Ajax ultras which will unfortunately take some of the atmosphere away

I catch Ajax games on the tele whenever possible so it'll be great to see them in person

What are your thoughts on Spurs coming over to watch Ajax?
HR
HR

Pancake
Idool

Reg.: 3 juni 2001

Vak 401 does not strike me as a section with good atmosphere. Sorry to break it to you. Also the match against feyenoord is not what it used to be any more. Due to the lack of away supporters the vibe is killed. But unfortunately we are getting used to it. Almost none of the visiting clubs brings a good away section anyway. Modern times I guess.

I know there are a few guys with sympathies towards the Spurs and in general I think most Ajacieden do not hate you. But there are also guys with sympathies for other British clubs.

For me personally it is only Ajax and I hate people going to the stadium wearing stuff from other clubs. However the Ajax crowd can be described as mostly tolerant towards these people. I have seen tourists from different clubs in the seats next to me. And everybody accepts them in these modern times. So no worries from that end. I think you will feel welcome. As long as you do not act like those four young drunk german guys from stuttgart or frankfurt or whatever who went dwon the stairs really quick.
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Which areas would you recommend? It's a shame that there's a ban on away fans but it seems like it's saving lives having it that way! Do Ajax and Feyenoord fans meet up in other areas?

I know there's good history between Spurs and Ajax, even though now we just seem to buy your best players

I won't be falling down any stairs, I just want to see a good game and an Ajax win
HR
HR

Pancake
Idool

Reg.: 3 juni 2001

I would recommend the pub :D

No, seriously. You are very much welcome. I would think the 1st tier on the southside has the best quality in terms of atmosphere.

Cheers
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Everyone needs a pub :D

I'm looking to buy from a ticket selling site so I'll have to be in the upper tier, I just want to be as close to the noise as possible!
HR
HR

Brammes
Regelmatige invaller

Reg.: 30 juni 2014

quote:HR
Ajax Spurs schreef:

Which areas would you recommend? It's a shame that there's a ban on away fans but it seems like it's saving lives having it that way! Do Ajax and Feyenoord fans meet up in other areas?

I know there's good history between Spurs and Ajax, even though now we just seem to buy your best players

I won't be falling down any stairs, I just want to see a good game and an Ajax win
HR
Yeah, just show up in a Eriksen/Alderweireld/Vertonghen (Especially Jan) and I think your support will be very much appreciated :D

I also sat in block 401 for Ajax - PSV and the atmosphere was decent. Especially up in the section. And trust me if the game will be somewhat decisive for the league title the atmosphere will be pretty unreal.
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

I don't have anything representing Toby, Jan or Eriksen unfortunately, I think you all know how much they're loved here though so maybe my scarf will do (a Spurs shirt would feel like a bit much to wear to a different teams ground) :D

I have just bought my ticket in 401 for it!
HR
HR

Jeroen.
Idool

Uit: Bergen op Zoom
Droomaankoop: Vurnon Anita
Reg.: 1 februari 2004

quote:HR
Ajax Spurs schreef:

I don't have anything representing Toby, Jan or Eriksen unfortunately, I think you all know how much they're loved here though so maybe my scarf will do (a Spurs shirt would feel like a bit much to wear to a different teams ground) :D

I have just bought my ticket in 401 for it!
HR
Shame, Eriksen in particular is still dearly missed. :)
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

He's hit some great form this season, he might be back in Amsterdam playing before retirement though! Who knows :)
HR
HR

barry67
Veelbelovend talent

Reg.: 5 september 2013

Im a Celtic fan but like Ajax also and have been 3 times(As a Celtic fan though was 3 Ajax V Celtic matches) :B but could help you if you would like directions to places or anything like that or touristy type things.

I see Wanyama is playing well for you, great player for Celtic.
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Thanks! I have an idea on what I'll be doing, just want to take in the atmosphere outside of the ground etc :)

He's been great so far!
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Does anyone know if there will be a Cruyff tribute following his one year since passing? Surely right? Thanks
HR
HR

nick468
Ballenjongen

Uit: Limerick, Ireland
Vak: No Season Club Card
Reg.: 15 juni 2015

Hi mate,
Fellow Spurs fan here - same boat as yourself, been coming to Ajax once a year for a while, but never to a Klassieker.

Fancy grabbing a beer before game?

- Nick
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

I don't think I'll be able to but thanks for the offer!

Good to hear I'm not the only Spurs man off to the game, do you ever wear anything Spurs when you attend the games?
HR
HR

Edge410
Jeugdspeler

Vak: 410
Reg.: 18 februari 2014

I'm wondering how you experienced the game lads!
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Amazing experience, it should've been 4-0 or so! Good atmosphere from my block and we stood up for the whole match as we were near the F-Side (tried to join in even with the Dutch songs) ;) Being at an Ajax game still didn't stop me from jumping into the lads next to me for each goal :D

Enjoyed the flares going off outside before the game, something you wouldn't see here because of how stupidly strict it is now but Amsterdam altogether was great, it's a beautiful city

Would happily return!

Too bad I flew back home last night or I probably would've gone again for the AZ game :D I look to do the stadium tour next time around

[Dit bericht is veranderd door Ajax Spurs (op 6 april 2017 08:39:50).]
HR
HR

Overkill
Veelbelovend talent

Uit: Hardenberg
Droomaankoop: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Reg.: 25 juli 2002

Nice to hear you enjoyed the visit.

Spread the word, chum! ;)
HR
HR

Ajax Spurs
Ballenjongen

Always nice to see Ajax beat Feyenoord ;) Didn't have my Spurs scarf with me unfortunately!
HRHR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 1 pagina: 1

Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

Ajax Forums » A - Ajax » English Ajax Forum » Spurs In Amsterdam

HR

Bookmark and Share

HR
clubgevoel
HR
HR

Man van de Wedstrijd

Kies de Man van de Wedstrijd

HR

Pool-klassement pagina

HR

VoVo-klassement pagina

HR

Favoriete opstellingen

HR

Ajax Chatbox

Ga nu naar de chatbox om met andere fans van gedachten te wisselen over de club!

HR

Ajax Poll

Bereikt Ajax de finale van de Europa League?

Ja
Nee
Weet niet

HR

VoVo

Van de Ajax-fans denkt 100,0% dat Juventus wint van AS Monaco. Wat denk jij?

HR

Ideeënbus

We zijn op zoek naar jouw ideeën om Ajax Netwerk nog beter te maken.

HR

Pool

De posters op deze pagina hebben nog geen voorspellingen ingestuurd voor Ajax-Olympique Lyonnais.

HR

Oranje Netwerk

Ga nu kijken wat er op Oranje Netwerk te doen is!