Ajax Netwerk
vrijdag 21 juli 2017 - 04:40                      favorieten | nieuwsbrief | RSS RSS
Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

Ajax Forums » English Ajax Forum » Luis Suarez

HR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 15 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 »

HR

Skywalker
Administrator

Uit: Dagobah
Vak: -
Droomaankoop: Kim Källström
Reg.: 27 juli 2000

Specific Suarez topic for our English visitors. Shoot.
HR
HR

ShanklyRed
Ballenjongen

Vak: Geen Seizoen Club Card
Droomaankoop: -
Reg.: 17 januari 2011

Hello from Liverpool, and nice to meet you all.
I've been reading the posts on the subject of Suarez and it's noticable you seem to have a slight dislike for L.F.C, why is this? :\(

Anyway, I noticed few people were talking about how we could not afford Suarez given the state of our finances. During the summer we had investment from NESV, an American company who also own The Red Sox Baseball team. Now our finance is nothing like Manchester City's Billionnaire status, but I guess it does mean we can afford one major signing (hopefully Suarez).

Now what i've heard from a reliable source in England is that we've been in discussion with Ajax over the possible transfer, and there is a concrete bid in place (around the region of 18-20M).

Tottenham are supposed to be interested too, but, it would mean having to sell a striker first, as they already have many, so we are looking the more likely.
Also, Suarez has stated that the Spanish contingency at LFC is a reason he wants to join us.

As for the news on the initial bid being declined, as far as i'm aware, that is just rumours, no official or reputable sources have stated this, I guess we'll here more in 24-48 hours.

We are still a major club like yourselves, but we have had some bad luck recently. We are week upfront and Suarez looks to be a great addition. As for the comments about the only decent players we have being Torres and Gerrard, well there is also Pepe Reina, considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world at the moment. Dirk Kuyt, Raul Merieles, Maxi Rodriguez, Lucas all represented their countries at the world cup.

What are the thoughts from your camp on this possible transfer?
Thanks and nice to meet you all.
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

alrite mate fellow red here
HR
HR

gg
Ballenjongen

Reg.: 23 juli 2010

The dislike from some of us , is because of Dirk Kuyt and the image of your club, which is more like 010 (Feyenoord) than ours.

But fair enough, if you happen to sign Luis, you'll sign a worldclass player, but he is going to cost more than what current rumours are, I would think at least 20mln plus.
HR
HR

Grazie Roma
Vedette

Uit: Amsterdam
Vak: 412
Reg.: 11 juni 2003

quote:HR
ShanklyRed schreef:

Hello from Liverpool, and nice to meet you all.
I've been reading the posts on the subject of Suarez and it's noticable you seem to have a slight dislike for L.F.C, why is this? :\(

HR
I must say I stopped liking Liverpool the day Dirk Kuijt joined them.
On the other hand I must thank you for the best deal we ever made on a transfer (Ryan Babel) selling him for almost the same price as Ibrahimovic. :D

Beside that I think the sentiment most Ajax fans have against Suarez joining the Reds, is that Liverpool are not seen as an European top team like Barcelona, Chelsea or Inter. Losing your key player hurts much less if you can see him play in the Champions League on the highest level ( the feeling I get when i see Wesley Sneijder play)Instead we seem to lose him to a money spending club that hasn't gotten any results in the last 20 years beside an incidental Champions League victory.
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

Liverpool are still a big club but were destroyed by the previous owners and we still have world class players in torres gerrard and reina suarez would add to this and next if we make key signings this summer we could push to get back in the Champions League and as for kuyt our view on him is he is not the best techniquly but always gives 100% he can be very frustrating
HR
HR

Leo_Koswal
Geselecteerd voor Oranje

Reg.: 11 november 2008

Gerrard isn't world class. Nowhere near.
HR
HR

nogzonidioot
Veelbelovend talent

Droomaankoop: Knut Olav Rindarøy
Reg.: 7 mei 2009

Well, first of all, you may keep babel, we don't need him, he has some qualities but lacks most of the qualities needed in our system.

Second, we want to keep Luis Suarez, and he himself has made clear that he has no problem with staying the season, as he wants to make Ajax champions. Only recently he has admitted that he might be interested when a big club comes by. I hope you're not offended if I say that liverpool is certainly big, but far from top, with only two or three class players, so I reckon it would be stupid from him to join Liverpool, even Tottenham is a better choice.

Third, If your bag of money is big enough, the second point can probably be scrapped. Anything in the region of 20 million pounds has a chance of succes, but Ajax will try to hold out for the maximum amount, even up to 30 million, we don't have to sell. In the past Ajax has sold players for financial reasons even if it hampered our football ambitions. Our board has vowed that this policy is changed, but this probably only means that they will want more money before agreeing

fourth don't try to recommend Dirk Kuyt as a decent player here, he is crap
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

gerrard certainly is my friend the best in his position

haha i will not recommend kuyt, and yes you are right we have had a really bad season and have a poor squad but this is the only way we are going to get better by signing players of suarez abilities also i think he and torres share the same agent and there is no spanish players at tottenham where as at liverpool there is a lot of spanish speaking players

[Dit bericht is veranderd door LFC (op 17 januari 2011 22:46:29).]
HR
HR

Rambow
Veelbelovend talent

Reg.: 21 maart 2010

LFC schreef:

gerrard certainly is my friend the best in his position

haha i will not recommend kuyt, and yes you are right we have had a really bad season and have a poor squad but this is the only way we are going to get better by signing players of suarez abilities also i think he and torres share the same agent and there is no spanish players at tottenham where as at liverpool there is a lot of spanish speaking players
HR
Gerrard getting up there in age though. Even with Suarez i highly doubt Liverpool will consistently qualify for the champions leaque in the next few years.
HR
HR

mitkafaah
Internationale topspeler

Uit: Waalre
Droomaankoop: Christian Chivu
Reg.: 16 april 2008

LFC, i heared some rumors that Torres wants to leave Liverpool next season. If that might be the case. Then why would Suarez join Liverpool ?

The only reason i can think of him joining Liverpool is to play as duo with Torres.

Liverpool dont play CL, dont play for the championship in the PL and maybe even wont play EL if things go bad this season.

IF Suarez leaves Ajax this winter i think he will join TH rather then Liverpool to be honest.

(about Babel, hes a 1 trick pony and we dont need him back ;) )

[Dit bericht is veranderd door mitkafaah (op 17 januari 2011 22:52:07).]
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

Rambow - yes Gerrard is ageing and suarez will not be the only signing though but the main dealings which could shape liverpool in the future should be done in the summer
HR
HR

ShanklyRed
Ballenjongen

Fair enough, totally forgot about Kuyt and Feyenoord.

@Roma fair point we haven't won our domestic league in 20 years, but as for an incidental CL victory, there was nothing incidental about it. Although we haven't featured in the CL for a few seasons we have showed we can be as strong as anyone on our day. in 2005 we beat the likes of Bayer Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea, and of course Milan. the following season we won the FA cup, and then we reached the CL final again and then the semi-final. We have demolished a strong Madrid side 4-0, beaten Inter 2-0 at the San Siro. Beaten Barcelona at the Nou Camp - First English side to do so. Not to mention beaten Arsenal and Chelsea numerous times. I'm sorry, but that is not the sign of a mediocre side.

This season (and last) our performance has been way below par, and the heavy investment from Man City trying to buy the title has made it a lot more difficult, not to mention Tottenham are starting to play consistently. We do still have the quality, but we need more depth and hopefully a few more additions can see us back near the top of the table.

Can I ask, how is our image like Feyenoord's?
HRHR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

mitkafaah - yes torres deal ends in 2012 so in the summer i think he may go it depends on the signings we make in january and in the summer trust me he would enjoy liverpool alot more than tottenham even though they are CL i think we have a really good chance of winning the EL if we sign the right players now
HR
HR

Leo_Koswal
Geselecteerd voor Oranje

Reg.: 11 november 2008

LFC schreef:

gerrard certainly is my friend the best in his positionHR
Hehe, nice one. Never heard of Schweinsteiger, for instance? Suarez isn't world class either TBH. He has his qualities, but he is not THAT good.

@mitkafaah: MONEY.
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

Gerrard is CAM not CDM
HR
HR

mitkafaah
Internationale topspeler

Uit: Waalre
Droomaankoop: Christian Chivu
Reg.: 16 april 2008

Leo_Koswal schreef:

(...)

Hehe, nice one. Never heard of Schweinsteiger, for instance? Suarez isn't world class either TBH. He has his qualities, but he is not THAT good.

@mitkafaah: MONEY.
HR
If Suarez was after money he would have signed with Zenith last transferwindow or with some ukraine club.

Liverpool offcourse is a top club but i think it will take time to take back the position they once had and in the meantime other clubs took the spot that Benitez gave away.

Still ... money talks so anything is possible.
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

mitkafaah - good point
HR
HR

ShanklyRed
Ballenjongen

I'm confident Gerrard would walk into pretty much any team
HR
HR

nogzonidioot
Veelbelovend talent

both clubs are from a portcity, and both supporterssets have the image of being mainly working-class people. The football of both Feyenoord and Liverpool is traditionally based on working hard, commitment, never say die-attitude. Also Fey likes to use a total wanked up version of You never walk alone, from a singing cranedriver named Lee Towers
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

nogzonidioot - fair enough but we are good people please dont let are comparisons to feyenoord put you off our club
HR
HR

Daniel Da Cruz Carvalho
Basisspeler

Reg.: 15 maart 2004

ShanklyRed schreef:

I'm confident Gerrard would walk into pretty much any team
HR
Ofcourse he would, people who say he would not are pretty much brainless. Also a huge LOL at those who always try to compare clubs from different countries with each other. Each and every club is different and you can't compare a Dutch club with an English club, just as much as you can't compare English clubs with Spanish clubs.

Liverpool FC might be in a poor state right now but it's a wonderful club that won many trophies but also one of the clubs that defined European football. And don't even get me started about the great players they have had throughout the years, with Dalglish being their absolute best
HR
HR

fluwelen linker

Uit: Antwerpen-Deurne
Droomaankoop: Kevin De Bruyne
Reg.: 1 september 2004

Daniel Da Cruz Carvalho schreef:

(...)

Ofcourse he would, people who say he would not are pretty much brainless. Also a huge LOL at those who always try to compare clubs from different countries with each other. Each and every club is different and you can't compare a Dutch club with an English club, just as much as you can't compare English clubs with Spanish clubs.

Liverpool FC might be in a poor state right now but it's a wonderful club that won many trophies but also one of the clubs that defined European football. And don't even get me started about the great players they have had throughout the years, with Dalglish being their absolute best
HR
Which makes it unacceptable and ridiculous that such a traditional club had to be sold to American investors. Shame on all the people who sold the identity of such a great club. It must have been a very difficult moment for the true Liverpool fan. Sad.
HR
HR

nogzonidioot
Veelbelovend talent

LFC schreef:

nogzonidioot - fair enough but we are good people please dont let are comparisons to feyenoord put you off our club
HR
Well, i presume there is nothing wrong with your money, if suarez has to leave, I don't care who is paying as long as they pay much.

By the way, wouldn't a winger be far more useful for Liverpool, you only have strikers or central attacking midfielders who play as wingers.
HR
HR

LFC
Jeugdspeler

Daniel Da Cruz Carvalho - i see you like Lukaku Liverpool have also been linked with him i highly doubt that will happen though and that is what attracts the players to our club its sad what has happend the last couple of years
HRHR

Deze topic is open en bestaat uit 15 pagina's: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »

Ga naar de vorige topic Ga naar de volgende topic

Ajax Forums » A - Ajax » English Ajax Forum » Luis Suarez

HR

Bookmark and Share

HR
clubgevoel
HR
HR

Gratis lid worden

HR

Battle tegen deze posters

HR

Pool-klassement pagina

HR

VoVo-klassement pagina

HR

Favoriete opstellingen

HR

Ajax Chatbox

Ga nu naar de chatbox om met andere fans van gedachten te wisselen over de club!

HR

Ajax Poll

In welke linie heeft Ajax het dringendst nog versterking nodig?

Verdediging
Middenveld
Aanval

HR

VoVo

Van de Ajax-fans denkt 85,7% dat Feyenoord wint van Vitesse. Wat denk jij?

HR

Ideeënbus

We zijn op zoek naar jouw ideeën om Ajax Netwerk nog beter te maken.

HR

Pool

De posters op deze pagina hebben nog geen voorspellingen ingestuurd voor OGC Nice-Ajax.

HR

Oranje Netwerk

Ga nu kijken wat er op Oranje Netwerk te doen is!